Thursday 3 January 2013

Free Wallpaper

source(google.com.pk)
Free Wallpaper&Biography.
The Sound of Sea Animals is the psych/folk/rock project of one man, Etienne Chan Khan, whose first album, Fractions of Fictions, was released this year. Much inspired by films of the 1960's, Chan Kane's sound also echoes today's musical talents, such as: Beck, Stereolab, Caribou and Broadcast. He explains, "I've always been inspired by movies in my music-making; the way stories play out on-screen, scene by scene, has influenced the way I compose music. My songs play out like a Sergio Leone storyboard: there's what's happening on the screen in front of you, but there's also what's going on far away, in the mountains. When I write, I always emphasize something. There's the voice that's in your face, but there's always the background melody that, if singled out, could be another song entirely."
During his noise/rock days, Chan Kane’s played in several bands in his native Sherbrooke. It was after moving to Montreal and collaborating with Comme un homme libre and Sunny Duval, that he learned to play bass, and developed his own style. Today, he regularly plays with Le Kid and les Marinellis, still compose and play for Comme Un Homme Libre and work in studio with a number of Montreal bands, including Demon's Claws.
With a knack for catering to rockers, he also works as a tour manager for les Breastfeeders, amongst other groups in Montreal's underground scene. But it's really through Comme un homme libre that Chan Kane's project came to life.

"When I was a kid, I got a computer that I discovered I could record with, except I couldn't listen to the tracks as I added them. So I recorded onto cassette tape, and then laid down tracks by playing that tape at the same time as two or three other cassette players going at the same time. I never let anyone listen to those recordings." Where does the name come from? "The name? That's an interesting story… I used to have access to the equipment at my CEGEP's radio station, because my dad was a prof. They had a console where I'd go practice with a friend, and we would record onto tape. One time, we had nothing to use, and we found a box of sound effects tapes, that we recorded on top of. We used five or six tapes in that recording session, and the one we recorded the final product onto was called "The Sound of Sea Animals, Vol. 1." Originally, it was whale sounds. Then, when it came time to name the group, I said, as a joke, 'well, it was recorded onto that tape.' And the more I thought about it, the more I thought it would make a great name."
In the latest incarnation of The Sound of Sea Animals, Chan Kane plays almost every instrument: guitar, bass, percussion, sitar, and keys. Ultimately, he also leant his voice to the project and wrote lyrics. "Most of the time, there isn't any symbolism in what I write: it's literal and simple. I rarely use literary figures. It's more the overall collection of songs on the album that suggests a theme, since I try to connect them that way."
Chan Kane's sound echoes both current popular musical trends, and those of yester-year, using pop vocals and guitar, as well as cinematic choruses, inspired by the psychedelic sound of old spaghetti westerns. At long last, the hypnotic first album by The Sound of Sea Animals is here; Fractions of Fictions is set for release on September 30th.
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper
Free Wallpaper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...